About the Program
- With the 2022-2023 California Legislative Session having come to a close, and the last bills received the Governor’s signature or veto, employers doing business in California face a number of new laws with which they immediately—or as of January 1, 2024—will need to comply.
- Join Seyfarth California Workplace Solutions and Employment Legislative Team partners for a review of these new laws that will impact employers doing business in California, including:
- Sick & reproductive leaves
- New harassment & retaliation provisions
- New cannabis anti-discrimination requirements
- And, quite a few industry-specific wage/hour changes.
- We will provide practical suggestions to ensure your business is prepared for 2024. We will also provide a summary of which potential legislation did not make the cut, but may return in future legislative sessions.
- Kristina Launey, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Catherine Feldman, Associate, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
Coby Turner, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- This webinar is accredited for CLE in CA, IL, NJ, and NY. Credit will be applied for as requested for TX, GA, WA, NC and VA. The following jurisdictions may accept reciprocal credit with these accredited states, and individuals can use the certificate they receive to gain CLE credit therein: AZ, CT, NH. The following jurisdictions do not require CLE, but attendees will receive general certificates of attendance: DC, MA, MD, MI, SD. For all other jurisdictions, a general certificate of attendance and the necessary materials will be issued that can be used in other jurisdictions for self-application. Please note that attendance must be submitted within 10 business days of the program taking place. If you have questions about jurisdictions, please email CLE@seyfarth.com
- There is no cost to attend, but registration is required.
- If you have any questions, please contact Christian Pourreau at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference this event.
Thursday, November 2, 2023
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Pacific
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Mountain
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Central
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern