Seyfarth Synopsis: Join us for our second Chicago Labor & Employment Breakfast Briefing of the year, “ERISA in 2019: What Employers Need To Know”.
Please join our interactive panel for an exciting high level discussion which will dive into the ERISA based issues that employers in Illinois need to be aware of.
Specifically, our panelists will address:
- The pros and cons of including mandatory arbitration provisions in ERISA plans.
- Developments relating to retirement plan design and administration, including new plan design opportunities (e.g., student loan benefits), recent audit experience relating to missing participants, and the updated IRS procedures for correcting operational errors.
- The current legal landscape surrounding the Affordable Care Act.
- Enforcement efforts surrounding HIPAA privacy and security.
- The benefit implications of the Supreme Court analyzing whether current employment law extends to LGBT individuals.
- Trends in retirement plan litigation including recent cases involving fiduciary breach and the duty to monitor.
- Trends in welfare benefit litigation, including recent cases involving cross plan offsetting and mental health parity.
While there is no cost to attend, registration is required and seating is limited.
May 15, 2019, 233 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 8000, Chicago, IL, 60606
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Breakfast & Registration
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Program
Seyfarth Shaw LLP is an approved provider of Illinois Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. This seminar is approved for 1.5 hours of CLE credit CA, IL, NY, NJ and TX. CLE Credit is pending for GA and VA. HR professionals: please note that the HR Certification Institute accepts CLE credit toward recertification.