By Tracy M. Billows, Benjamin J. Conley, Erin Dougherty Foley, Sara Eber Fowler, Jason Priebe, Michael Rechtin, Suzanne L. Saxman, Ryan M. Tilot, Jordan P. Vick, and Kevin A. Woolf
Seyfarth Synopsis: Please join us at our Chicago Willis Tower office on Thursday, December 6th, for breakfast along with a Seyfarth Legal Forum and Continuing Legal Education (CLE): 2018 Highlights and a Look Ahead to 2019.
About the Program
Providing our clients with a multidisciplinary overview of Legal Hot Button issues and Best Practice: Featuring:
- Biometric Information Privacy Act: What a long, strange year it’s been (and there’s more on the way!)
- Legalize it: will Illinois go from medical to recreational marijuana and what would that mean to the real estate industry?
- Affordable Care Act Update & Enforcement Activities, 401(k) Student Loan Repayment Arrangements, Socially Responsible Investments, and HIPAA Privacy & Security Audits
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Current State of the Market and Post-Merger Integration Strategies
- The “Cloud”…is in a building?: Data Centers are the newest, and maybe most important, type of real estate
- Latest Developments in Pregnancy Accommodation (Illinois’ New Lactation Law and Nationwide Trends)
- Litigation Hot Topics for 2019, including: Developments in trade secret and non-compete law; New laws affecting threshold issues such as forum selection and choice of law; Frontloaded discovery in federal court: Mandatory Initial Discovery Pilot Programs; Best practices for protecting the attorney-client privilege for in-house counsel
- Welcome to the Future: It arrived yesterday – The intersection of Technology and Legal Services
- Bots, bits and bytes… Artificial Intelligence and its leading role in recent legal projects
The program will feature a panel of Seyfarth Chicago subject matter experts — with an eye toward preparing for the developments in the coming year. Our overview will be targeted at highlighting issues for the General Counsel, Chief Information Officer, Chief Human Resource Officer, and other members of their teams.
The program will consist of an engaging ninety minute presentation with speakers from each of Seyfarth Chicago’s practice groups: Benefits, Corporate, Labor & Employment, Litigation, and Real Estate, as well as an exciting presentation on the use of technology in law. Then, we will offer 30 minute break-out sessions on hot topics warranting a deeper dive that companies are facing when looking at their legal compliance needs. The break-out sessions will address Privacy/Data Security, Managing in the #metoo Environment, and Blockchain/Cryptocurrency in business.
The program is on Thursday, December 6, 2018, at 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., for breakfast and registration, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., for the panel presentations, and 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., for the breakout sessions. Our offices are at 233 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 8000, in Chicago, IL.
While there is no cost to attend, registration is required and space is limited. If you have any questions, please contact Fiona Carlon at email@example.com and reference this event.
Also, for those that need the credits, note that Seyfarth Shaw LLP is an approved provider of Illinois CLE credit. This seminar is approved for 1.5 hours of CLE credit CA, IL, NY, NJ and TX. CLE Credit is pending for GA and VA. HR professionals: please note that the HR Certification Institute accepts CLE credit toward recertification.